– This is due to an amendment expiring that forbade them from interfering with state medical marijuana programs
– You can sign a petition to urge representatives to extend the amendment
– The newly elected Gov, campaigned heavily for legalization in 100 days
– The previous gov, Chris Christie, refused to allow any legalization in the state.
– IBM believes this will help to eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse of the system by helping to secure the supply chain via the bloackchain ledger.
– The government will handle online sales for cannabis.
– While private stores will handle the brick and mortar sales.
– The bill would allow those approved for medical marijuana to use the plant.
– Some people believe this bill is just for show and has no chance of becoming law.
– Some believe prosecutors are only saying this out of a fear of budgets cuts from fewer opioid cases due to the legalization of cannabis.
– The study was partially funded by a company that sells opioid medication causing some to believe a conflict of interest happened.
– The bill would allow the cultivation and usage of hemp.
– The bill has significant support from both sides.
– That equates to 13% of their workforce
– Leafly claims these changes are to better serve the growing market
– Fewer than 100 grams of marijuana is a minor misdemeanor
– More than 100 grams but less than 200 grams is a fourth-degree misdemeanor.